Moonshine Private Clouds Privacy Center /
Last updated: April 19, 2016
- – Authenticating and identifying you on our websites and applications so we can provide you the services you requested.
- – Keeping track of information you have provided to us — for example, keeping items in your shopping cart as you browse the Moonshine Store
- – To provide you the Moonshine Private Clouds websites and applications that you use.
- – Remembering your preferences or where you left off in your use of an Moonshine Private Clouds website or application.
- – Measuring your use of Moonshine Private Clouds websites and applications so that we can improve them, tailor our websites and online services to your likely interests, and conduct market research (learn more or opt out).
- – Understanding your likely interests so we can provide you more relevant Moonshine Private Clouds ads and content on non-Moonshine Private Clouds websites and in non-Moonshine Private Clouds apps.
- – Running the Moonshine Private Clouds analytics and on-site personalization services, Moonshine Private Clouds advertising services, and other Moonshine Private Clouds hosted services that we provide to customers. Our customers use these services to measure your use of their websites or tailor their websites or online ads for you.
Technologies Similar to Cookies
Technically speaking, cookies are called “HTTP cookies.” There are other technologies that can be used for similar purposes, such as HTML5 Local Storage and local shared objects (LSOs). LSOs are used by the authors of files that are read by Adobe® Flash® Player and the websites hosting those files. We may use HTML5 Local Storage, LSOs, and similar technologies for authenticating you, keeping track of information you have provided to us, and remembering your preferences (see bullet points above). When you are using an Moonshine Private Clouds application offline, we may store information related to how you used that application on your device and then transfer it to our servers the next time you connect online to our service.
Web beacons and embedded scripts
Web beacons and embedded scripts are other technologies that we use in our websites and applications, as well as in some of our emails and ads.
Web beacons (or “tags”) are bits of programming code included in web pages, emails, and ads that notify Moonshine Private Clouds (or the companies that help us run our business) when those web pages, emails, or ads have been viewed or clicked on.