SHARE

According to Cisco’s sixth Global Cloud Index report, the cloud will account for 92% of all global data center traffic by 2020. Global cloud traffic will multiply almost by four over the next five years, reaching a total of 14, 1 zettabytes ZB) per year by 2020, from 3.9 zettabytes registered in 2015.

Thus emerged from the annual report of the Global Cloud Index of Cisco (2015-2020), which indicates that the increase in cloud traffic is due to the growing migration a cloud of architectures for its fast scalability and quantity capacity, more efficient and greater workloads than traditional data centers.

Here are the key findings of the Cisco report:

Increased red and cloud traffic

In 2020, the traffic of cloud data centers will reach 14.1 ZB per year. That year, traffic from traditional data centers will reach 1.3 ZB per year, from the annual 827 Exabytes (EB) counted in 2015.

Cloud growth exceeds traditional data center growth

By 2020, 92% of workloads are processed in cloud data centers, while the remaining 8% is processed in traditional data centers. The density of cloud data center workloads was 7.3 in 2015, rising to 11.9 in 2020. Traditional data centers, for their part, had a density of 2.2 in 2015, rising slightly to 3.5 in 2020.

The public cloud grows faster than the private cloud.

In 2020, 68% (298 million) of processing clouds in public cloud data centers, from 49% (66.3 million) in 2015 (year-on-year increase rate of 35%. For this year, 32% (142 million) of cloud-processing clouds were processed in private cloud data centers, falling from 51% (69.7 million) in 2015 (15% year-on-year increase).

More customers turn to cloud for storage

By 2020, 59 percent (2.3 billion) consumer Internet users fueled cloud storage services, from 47 percent (1.3 billion) by 2015. By 2020, cloud storage traffic per consumer user will be 1.7 GB monthly, compared to 513 MB per month by 2015.

The storage capacity of data centers grows to respond to the migration of consumption data from the cloud devices.

By 2020, the installed storage capacity in data centers will grow to 1.8 ZB from 382 EB in 2015, multiplying by almost five. By 2020, total storage capacity installed in data centers, from 64.9 percent by 2015.

Big data drive total growth of stored data

On a global scale, data stored in data centers will multiply by five between 2015 and 2020 to reach 915 EB by 2020, from 171 EB by 2015. Big Data reached 247 EB in 2020, multiplying almost from 25 EB in 2015. Only Big Data will account for 27 percent of all data stored in data centers in 2020, up from 15 percent in 2015.

The IoT will generate data in a massive way

On a global scale, data generated by the IoT reached 600 ZB per year in 2020, 275 times more than the global traffic traveling from data centers to end users/devices (2.2 ZB); And 39 times more than all traffic data center planned (15.3 ZB).

Increased growth as online device data grow

The amount of data stored in devices (5.3 ZB) will be five times greater than the data stored in data centers in 2020.

Network improvement to promote the use of cloud applications. Countries advance in cloud preparation (fixed and mobile networks).

By 2015, 119 countries meet the criteria for supporting advanced cloud applications over fixed networks; this year they increase to 132.

In 2015, 81 countries met the requirements to support advanced cloud applications over mobile networks, increasing to 89 countries by 2016.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here